Tuesday 25 August 2009

Why are people blogging

I don't mean blogs for making money, or blogs to advertise something. I mean simple personal blogging, what happened to me, my thoughts, my dreams, my experiences.

But isn't that just pure exhibitionism? Or just knowing that someone cares? Or is it just tickling your ego to hear how good writer you are? Because really, who writes here the deepest thoughts? Who shares intimate things? To be honest, i would never publish something really private.

I am sure (and must say that there are lots and lots of things, which i am totally not sure of), that every blogger, even non-blogger has its own notepad, some scribble book, some real diary to share thoughts just with himself. Not just that because its really private. But because handwriting has lots of advantages – you can draw, tear all what have you written. Of course, you can just press “backspace”, but is that really it? Is it the pleasure which the “normal” deleting or tearing brings?

Also, I must admit, I have never destroyed what have I written in my diary. My first was just simple notebook, I started it at age of 13, first note is Sunday, 1st of June.

At the first page there is big sign “This is my DIARY”, and lots of little notes: another year passed, another year sucked, another lousy year is coming (lol).

At the second page there is a little introduction of myself and then i started writing. The last note is from yesterday’s eve. Its not in the same diary, but still I am tempted to write something “in-hand”.

I bet that you, you, you, and even you have under the bed, or in a little suitcase, or in a wardrobe, drawer, secret place… some real diary, only for your eyes or person who you trust the most and want him/her to really know you, real diary with your biggest secrets, wishes, embarrassing moments, broken heart issues…

So why do personal blogs exist? That is my question.

2 comments:

Dr. James said...

Blogging is an art and fun. We must all appreciate what people want to want to express. We need new and more means for people to share information.

Kate M said...

I publish private stuff on my blog all the time. It is difficult, but I feel there's a reason for it.

Post a Comment