Monday 24 August 2009

The keys

Because i still cant decide in which language shall i write… Will keep to writing in English until im bored :) i know my grammar isnt great and my vocabulary either… but nobody smart fell from the sky ;)

Everybody lost keys in life sometimes. My first time was today. Went to buy my dad present. Some nice Irish whiskey and maybe cigars. The whole journey takes 20 minutes (visiting ATM included).

Regardless of remembering having the keys when going 20m to the tobacco shop, my memories don’t reach further than to shopping in supermarket 10 minutes after.

Waiting in the queue for 15 minutes because they had some problems on the cash machine didnt cheer me up at all. On the way home i wanted to prepare my keys and – keys were nowhere. Nothing in my pockets, nothing in my bags.

So i rushed to the tobacco – i just MUST have left it there. When i came to the shop i thought ill die. The gate was closed and nobody was inside. On the door there was written “during holidays we are closing at 18:30”. Looked on the watch and it was exactly 18:34. Tried to phone the number advertised, no answer.

Coke, Jameson and two melting pizzas in paper-bag, stuck. Called landlord, of course she had no back up keys. Called my girl for support… Tried to unlock the door – no chance, broke my card and almost destroyed the lock by picking it by pin :/

Now my wallet got rid of 900 and i hope i will never loose keys again. From 10minutes shopping became 2 hours waiting for the key service, which opened door in 1 second.

0 comments:

Post a Comment